12.10.2007

Making Your Blog Work For You

I just read a good article on the Microsoft Small Business Center website about using your blog to generate some income. There are 5 basic ways to do it, and the author spells them out here. Here is a quick rundown:

  • Sell advertising space on your blog
  • Help sell others' products
  • Solicit contributions from readers
  • Market your own services in your blog
  • Build an existing customer base

I think I would be comfortable doing of these except for the solicitation. I have seen many blogs in which the authors do that, and to me it is merely begging for money. I can go many places for information- blogs are just one medium out of many. If the person blogging chooses to share information/opinions with the blogosphere, that is their choice. I don't feel particularly obligated to pay for that.

No comments: