10.14.2007

Finding Web 2.0 Sites

I just stumbled across this great site that calls itself "The Complete Web 2.0 Directory." I don't know if they have all the Web 2.0 sites, but they sure do have some interesting ones. TuneSquare looks like a really good one for musicians trying to get their music heard. TuneSquare is an online music community where unsigned bands and artists can make some money while listeners from around the world can download their songs for free.

Trivago is another great site, where users can find useful information to help them plan a European vacation. There are reviews from people who have already visited a destination or stayed in the hotel, holiday home, etc., that users are interested in.

One that looks really fun to me is Retroland, where users can talk about and create a virtual scrapbook of things from their childhood. Think platform shoes, Shrinky Dinks, air hockey, and Slinky.

3 comments:

Jennifer DeJonghe said...

Great site - thanks! A really cool one I found in the directory is http://www.everytrail.com/ where you upload photos and gps coordinates of hiking trips you take. I love hiking and this looks like something I'd love to participate in!

By the way, I'm loving your blog!

Dreaming_in_Color said...

This has nothing to do with your post. I just saw the books you recommended were good reads. Have you read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro too? I actually listened to it as an audio book. Anyways, if you haven't I would recommend that.

Columbia said...

Thanks for the tip on the book. I have not read that one- I just stumbled on Ishiguro a few months back while looking for a different author. I will have to make a trip to the library now and see if they have it!