9.24.2007

Lorem Ipsum and Word 2007

Here is a great tip I just read on a writing blog. If you are using Word 2007, and need to insert dummy text into your document, you no longer need to copy and paste a block of lorem ipsum. Just type "=lorem()" into the body of the document, press enter, and voila, a couple paragraphs of lorem! To indicate how many sentences and paragraphs needed, just use the following syntax: =lorem(paragraphs, sentences). So, for example, =lorem(6,20) would get you six paragraphs of 20 sentences each.

Say what you will about Bill Gates, he does stay on top of pressing issues like this one!

5 comments:

Dreaming_in_Color said...

This is good info. There's only a couple of users who are testing Microsoft 2007 before we launch it on everyone's in case (cross fingers)--it should crash and burn. Did you notice that there's a lot of code that isn't hidden on your page? Maybe you need and end carrot or something.

Columbia said...

Hi dreaming_in_color, thanks for the comment. I am confused about your code comment, however. I checked my page on a couple of different computers, running different OS, and do not see any code. My daughter does the coding for my page, and is also curious as to what you are seeing.

Dreaming_in_Color said...

I only see it on the right hand side. I don't know how to read code myself. So I couldn't tell you exactly what it is. Well it might just be my browser too.

Columbia said...

thanks for the additional info. I don't see the coding- are you using IE? If so, maybe you are using a different version. I only have limited knowledge when it comes to geeky stuff!

Columbia said...

So, I think what you are seeing as code are the widgets I added on the right pane. I see the actual widgets, but maybe if you are using a different browser you are seeing the coding. Interesting...