11.15.2007

Digital Writing

I was recently doing some digging on the Internet on the subject of digital writing. I started thinking about this subject after doing some research for a project on effective blogging techniques. During my search, I found some interesting articles on instructors' reluctance to teach digital writing, which led me to kairos.rhetoric.net. I had discovered this site while taking a Rhetorical Theory class. The purpose of kairos is to "push boundaries in academic publishing at the same time (striving) to bridge the gap between print and digital publishing cultures."

They have an interesting article posted about why it is important for writing instructors to teaching digital writing (not writing using a computer, but writing which will be published on a digital medium) along with traditional print writing. There is a great section in which the authors have posted some typical reasons instructors give in resistance to teaching digital writing, and their responses to those reasons.

No comments: